Full course description
This is a beginner course recommended for any adult interested in learning more about nutrition and food in a more formal setting to help set you up for a healthier lifestyle and give you knowledge that you will use on a daily basis.
Each module should take approximately 45-60 minutes. The course is designed to be within 10-15 hours of learning time, and the LCAP Staff Wellness incentive for completion of this course is $300.00 (LCAP Goal 5, Action 8). This cooking demonstrations will not end until May 3, 2022, and all activities must be completed by June 3, 2022 to receive Staff Wellness incentive. Completion documentation will be sent to MUSD Business Department/Payroll by June 5, 2022 for processing.
- Learn about NUTRITIONAL NEEDS: Nutritional needs of adults ages 19-50 to prevent diet-related health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, hypertension and type 2 diabetes.
- Learn benefits about FOOD CONSUMPTION: specifically adequate amounts of essential vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, fiber and protein, while limiting unhealthy fats, processed foods and added sugar in our diet.
- After participation in COOKING DEMONSTRATIONS, experience how to prepare meals about the following dietetic topics:
- Reducing Sodium, Increasing Potassium to address Hypertension
- Plant Based Meals/Planning for All
- Life Cycle Feeding for Pregnancy to Adolescents
- Whole Grains Benefits
- Diabetes the Facts/Myths about Carbohydrates
- Anti Inflammatory Foods